Our Family Based Therapy Service is delivered by highly skilled workers with training in a range of varied support options, from using creative new ideas in counselling and therapy to straight talking about your concerns.
We meet many families that have a variety of concerns, snags and hitches in their family lives, such as:
- Where they live or with whom they live?
- Social worries – friends, family, school, neighbours
- Feeling stressed, low mood, anger, panic, worry
- Feeling out of control of their lives or their children’s
- Being put under pressure to change and it not feeling possible #
The aim is to allow them to speak about all and any issues that can be affecting them as a whole. We explore how we can overcome current difficulties so families can enjoy each other more, feel cared for and supported by each other.
We work in many different ways and find what is best and what suits each individual family, which can vary from talking, drawing, playing, and anything that may be helpful to try and see or understand each other better. The service is strength and positive focused, we give families the chance to think about the things that are going well and to use any strong points to unravel the concerns that others have identified.